Working with client teachers for the best possible outcomes
Nudgee Beach Environmental Education Centre (NBEEC) teachers design the program and sequence of learning collaboratively with visiting teachers so that it aligns with the Australian Curriculum for Prep to Year 10. Senior programs align to either the Senior assessment and tertiary entrance system (SATE) or Vocational and school based curriculum needs.
All of our Centre's programs are designed to provide hands-on and real life learning to maximise learning outcomes. Individual student needs and curriculum requirements as well as health and safety considerations are discussed prior to the excursion.
The experiences offered by our Centre are action based and use a variety of “Learning Beyond the classroom” teaching and learning strategies and resources. This hands-on approach investigating the environment supports Science, Geography and the Arts. Centre staff incorporate conservation practices throughout the day, such as waste minimisation strategies and model simple ways students can take action to reduce human impact on the environment.
View a complete list of programs offered by NBEEC in our Curriculum program guide (PDF, 829KB).
NBEEC has used the Australian Curriculum to build all of the programs offered to schools. Select the program that suits your particular unit of work in class. We will personalise the learning for your class. It is important to include all teachers’ names, email addresses, and class numbers on the booking form. We look forward to working with you soon.
- Prep program: Beach Explorers - Using senses (Science) (PDF, 386KB)
- Year 1: Moreton Bay - Everybody's backyard (Science) (PDF, 395KB)
- Year 2: Growing for butterflies (Science) (PDF, 391KB)
- Year 3: Is it living? Seeing through both eyes (Science) (PDF, 386KB)
- Year 4: Endangered species - Turtle heroes (Science) (PDF, 387KB)
- Year 5: Fantastic features (Science) (PDF, 383KB)
- Year 6: Extreme environments (Science) (PDF, 384KB)
- Year 7: Nudgee Beach challenge - Who eats who? (Science) (PDF, 486KB)
- Year 9: Marine ecosystems (Science) (PDF, 373KB)
- Years 7–10: Managing Boondall Wetlands or Moreton Bay Marine Park (Science) (PDF, 373KB)
- Year 11–12: Biodiversity and the interconnectedness of life (Senior Biology) (PDF, 571KB)
- Year 11–12: Land cover transformations (Senior Geography) (PDF, 396KB)
Year 4–12 extension or differentiated programs
- Learning to lead
- Art by the estuary
- Sustainable fishing
Please contact the Centre
for more information about our extension or differentiated programs.